MOTHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS
Have you been searching high and low for the perfect gift for your mom/wife this year? If you aren't, you should be. Those women deserve to be pampered and cherished. I’m not a mom, but I do have a few good gift suggestions that are sure to please any lady. Especially, a busy and selfless one. Instead of buying the typical flowers, bath products, or pajamas, why not surprise her with a service or experience instead. Massages and spa days are fine and dandy, but any good kid/partner has already exhausted this option in prior years. It’s time to get creative...
1. Buy her two tickets to a local musical, show, or concert. You should know her well enough over the course of your relationship to easily figure out which artists or shows would be her favorite. I'll take two tickets to Hamilton please.
2. Give her the gift of a weekend away. Bed and Breakfast.com offers gift cards so she can choose and plan her own quick trip.
3. Sign her up for a subscription-based service like Stitch Fix. A gift card worth the value of a few months of clothes will be well received by a mom who doesn’t have the time/energy to shop for herself.
4. Source and pay for a house cleaning service for a few months. A house cleaning every two weeks (not preformed by me) is a luxury I refuse to live without, and I’m sure all moms would appreciate the break. That being said, do not buy her a vacuum, cleaning supplies, or tools unless she specifically asks for them. I’m looking at you Dad.
5. Gift her an online interior designer. Now I have to plug my own service, because well…it’s my blog. Seriously though, if she has been complaining or struggling with renovating or completing a room this is the perfect gift. For a flat rate she will get a designer to help her solve her decorating problems.
6. A set of thoughtful books. This isn’t a service or experience, but books are in a category all their own. Select a few books for the mom in your life that reflects her interests. Pick out an inspiring memoir, bestselling fiction, a coffee table book, and even throw in a magazine. Depending on what she likes, they can be about travel, gardening, parenting, or fashion.